chic style in a sensible manner

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Fall "Uniform"

           What is your "uniform" for everyday life?  To answer this question take a look at your closet.  What do you gravitate to when getting dressed?  What is functional and appropriate for your lifestyle but makes you feel put together and stylish simultaneously?  The key is to take pieces you already have, but wear them in a new way.  It can be as simple as pairing them with a new color.

          As a stay-at-home mother of three...I need style and function, i.e. goes in the washer.  This outfit fits the bill perfectly.  So well in fact that I found a version of it in my closet today.  Of course I went through the Starbucks drive-through as well (I really have an addiction)! It has a warm black jacket, a faux burberry plaid scarf, skinny jeans, a white tee-shirt or blouse, and boots.  If you like this look and "shop your closet," I'll bet you can find a nice version of your own.  If you do not have the boots try a cute ballet flat.



What makes this look feel current is the mix of the athletic jacket with leather as well as the mix of black, denim, and  brown leather.  Mix it up!  Clothes should be fun, not intimidating.


photo courtesy of Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Especially the Starbucks cup! Now I need help on where to find cute jeans like those!

    ReplyDelete