chic style in a sensible manner

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

New Make-Up Obsession

My latest make-up obsession are these slim palettes from Urban Decay Naked. I love palettes because they offer everything in one hand. As a bonus, the palettes always include a shade or two I would not have chosen ultimately become my favorites.

I prefer natural looking make-up with very little shimmer (ideally I would look naturally flushed and energized, i.e. not dead and tired). These are just the ticket. With no further ado...
Naked Basics Palette, $30. Six shades (I rarely wear more than two simultaneously) that neutrally highlight all the right contours. The illustration below shows you just how to wear it:


Next is the blush palette, containing Bronzer, Blush, and Highlighter in one brick. TV style expert Jenn Falik, said of the palette, "I am not a fan of sparkly bronzer, so this shimmer free version was right up my alley." I agree.

Urban Decay Naked Flushed, $30.

This palette comes in three color choices for the perfect sun-kissed look. This one is great for me as I am fair skinned but the darker choices are gorgeous. Again, here is an idea of how to use the palette for contouring:

Key: B=Blush, C=Contour/Bronzer, H=Highlighter

Urban Decay can be purchased at Sephora, Ulta, and many department stores. Make-up can be fun when you have the right colors and tools!

No comments:

Post a Comment