chic style in a sensible manner

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Oscar's Best


Ohhhh the Academy Awards, as my husband says,  it's my Super Bowl! The red carpet makes me so happy.  Here are my picks for BEST DRESSED of the evening.  I cannot address worst dressed- as that just makes me sad.


Jessica Chastain was unreal in McQueen.  Wow, the strapless black gown with gold embroidery is sensational paired with her natural, loose curls.  She has pulled off a super dramatic gown with natural ease.


Octavia Spencer in Tadashi Shoji.  This dress is stunning and shows how the right ruching and material can highlight all your assets.  There is nothing more beautiful than a woman's curves.  She is stunning in this gorgeous gown.

Emma Stone in Giambaltista Valli Haute Couture.  At first glance I thought this gown was a little mature for an actress in her 20s.  But when I saw her moving and joking around in it onstage I changed my tune.  It has a well-placed slit in the bodice and such beautiful flow.  Plus, I love red!  How lovely.


Gwyneth Paltrow in Tom Ford.  Wow, love the cape.  She looks so sophisticated. 


Alexandra Lamy is a grecian goddess in this plunging navy gown with jeweled belt and accents.
                                                                                                                     *photos by Pinterest*








No comments:

Post a Comment